ON SITE TENT CAMPING
The Ocala Conservation Center and Youth Camp is a beautiful site on Eaton Lake. The camp ground will be available for our use from 3:00pm on Thursday October 20th, 2016 through 11:00am Sunday October 23rd, 2016. There is limited availability of electricity at the camp group, but there is none in the camping area and no individual site hookups. There is plenty of space to pitch your tent throughout this campground. Price is $10.00 per family, per night, or $13 (cash only) on site. Visit the FFF Store to reserve your on site tent camping spot.
ON SITE BUNKHOUSES
Rustic bunkhouse accommodations are available. Each bunkhouse holds eighteen people. The bunkhouses have electricity and heat/AC. Each bunkhouse now has it’s own newly built bathrooms attached to the back that included a sink, toilet and shower. There is also a separate bath house nearby. Each bunk has a mattress, bring your own linens since they are not provided.
There is a Men’s only bunkhouse, a Women’s only bunkhouse, and a co-ed bunkhouse for couples and families. Price is $10.00 per person per night with advanced registration and $13.00 (cash only) on site, if space is available. Visit the FFF Store to reserve you space in your preferred bunkhouse.
Campground Information and Rules:
- No campfires outside of the fire rings! No exceptions! Due to unattended coals being dumped outside of a fire ring a few years ago, a fire started. If you start a fire outside of the fire rings someone will come by to put it out. Also, do not dump hot coals outside of fire rings.
- All fire rings have red water buckets near them, please fill this bucket before starting a fire. When you are done it is your responsibility to ensure the fire is thoroughly soaked and extinguished.
- No dogs are allowed in the campground.
- The fire ring near the lake is where the late night crowd tends to camp. If you prefer quieter accommodations, please pitch your tent up by the bunkhouses, the cabins, or the pavilion.
- Ocala National Forest has a variety of wildlife in it. Use the many bear proof trash cans throughout the camp ground to dispose of trash and ensure they are securely closed. Do not leave trash or food out overnight, there ARE bears, along with other wildlife.
- The Campground is available for our use from Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 3pm through Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 11:00am
- Do not use the camps firewood, bring your own
- There are three bath houses on site, two of them have shower facilities. While all bathhouses have facilities for both sexes, the bathhouse by the cabins has nicer ladies facilities and the bath house by the bunkhouses have nicer men’s facilities. There is a third bath house by the pavilion that is new with just toilet facilities.
If you are camping with a dog, there are alternate sites available nearby. Check out the USDA web site for information on alternate nearby campgrounds.
If you are camping with an RV or need electrical hookups please check out this web page for information in nearby RV campgrounds.
The closest hotels to the Florida Finders Fest event are Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ocala-Silver Springs and Days Inn Silver Springs/Ocala East.