Join us for Florida Finders Fest 12, a weekend long celebration of Food, Finds, and Fellowship in Ocala National Forest October 20, 2016 through October 23, 2016. Attending and participating in all the fun is free. If you would like to attend this year, please fill out the registration form. There is camping available onsite for a small fee and all kinds of Finders Fest goodies available for sale here through our website.
Campground Information and Rules:
- No campfires outside of the fire rings! No exceptions! Due to unattended coals being dumped outside of a fire ring a few years ago, a fire started. If you start a fire outside of the fire rings someone will come by to put it out. Also, do not dump hot coals outside of fire rings.
- All fire rings have red water buckets near them, please fill this bucket before starting a fire. When you are done it is your responsibility to ensure the fire is thoroughly soaked and extinguished.
- No dogs are allowed in the campground.
- The fire ring near the lake is where the late night crowd tends to camp. If you prefer quieter accommodations, please pitch your tent up by the bunkhouses, the cabins, or the pavilion.
- Ocala National Forest has a variety of wildlife in it. Use the many bear proof trash cans throughout the camp ground to dispose of trash and ensure they are securely closed. Do not leave trash or food out overnight, there ARE bears, along with other wildlife.
- The Campground is available for our use from Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 3pm through Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 11:00am
- Do not use the camps firewood, bring your own
- There are three bath houses on site, two of them have shower facilities. While all bathhouses have facilities for both sexes, the bathhouse by the cabins has nicer ladies facilities and the bath house by the bunkhouses have nicer men’s facilities. There is a third bath house by the pavilion that is new with just toilet facilities.